[NTLK] wireless communication

From: melvin watts (clean_tech_at_netzero.com)
Date: Fri May 13 2005 - 13:21:58 PDT

> Hello all,
>
> Is wireless paging still available for the newton?

Unfortunately, no. IIRC, the only service that worked with the special
hardware for the Newton has been discontinued a long time ago.

You could still ask on NewtonTalk <http://www.newtontalk.net/> to see if
anybody there has anything to propose...

-Laurent.

Is there any way to wirelessly use the newton to receive text messages,
if not, I do have a 3Com Eitherlink lan card (3c589D-TP) with the
dongle, just can't seem to get it to work. . maybe I'm doing something
wrong. .any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

MW.