Re: [NTLK] Does NewtSync work with OS X Tiger?

From: Christopher McCarthy (christopher_mcca_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat May 14 2005 - 03:48:10 PDT

On May 13, 2005, at 9:57 PM, Michael Wittmann wrote:

> Hi, all,
>
> I don't have OS X 10.4 (Tiger) yet, and have been happy with how
> NewtSync lets me dump my text files, Dates, and Todos into my
> desktop. Does this still work with the new file format that I read
> about for Tiger? If anyone has tested, I'd appreciate knowing the
> pitfalls that arise.
>
> Michael Wittmann

I have tried using NewtSync under Tiger. I had previously used it
(under Panther) primarily for syncing the Names file with Address
Book and Dates with iCal. I haven't tested extensively, but the Names-
Address Book syncing still seems to work OK in Tiger; the Dates-iCal
syncing, however, no longer seems to work at all: no error message is
given, but NewtSync flies through the sync without actually doing
anything. I'm not sure of the reason for this, but I'd guess that
whatever scripting method NewtSync uses to communicate with iCal
relies on commands or properties that have changed in Tiger.
Hopefully, someone will be brave enough to either help modify
NewtSync itself, or to write a plug-in which will allow iCal syncing
in Tiger.

Regards,

Chris