Re: [NTLK] Siemens Pocket Reader OCR

From: oliver.brose_at_t-online.de
Date: Sun May 15 2005 - 08:34:56 PDT

>From: "David M. Ensteness" <denstene_at_mac.com>
>Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 22:51:58 -0500

>I was just getting curious about these - anyone have impressions they
>could share or important things to know? I was thinking I'd use it
>with a 2100 and the Newt Pocket Reader pkg.

If you can pick it up for cheap & get the right cable... I spent a
lot of time getting together the cables for it, and it played very
well with the Newt. I never used it though, because a) the cable grew
*very* long and I am no soldering-iron cowboy, and b) the pen reader
is very limited and dated. All it can do is read & store, and it
does not read as well as current devices.
My WizCom SuperPen by comparison is used all the time. I cannot
remember whether I got it to work with the Newt though - I think it
worked with some Obex tweaking, but I never need the note-taking
functionality, just the translation. It does work with my cellphone.

Oliver :)

--
"The system is that there is no system." - Steve Jobs on innovation