Re: [NTLK] Newton WiFi Signal Upgradeable?

From: Zoont Foomby (zoontf_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon May 16 2005 - 11:24:53 PDT

Hi All,

With these questions about range and signal quality floating around,
it raises a question I keep tumbling over - does the Newton have any
program that allows WiFi network exploration? I think I read that
Ministumbler will never be ported, for example, but how do we know
what WiFi networks are in range if we do not have
A) Another computer
B) the Network setup by ourself?
C) Someone else to tell us?

I haven't played with WEP, and I don't know about Newtons and WEP, but
what about if there are simply 5 different open, free, useable WAPs in
equidistant from the Newton - how do we choose which one we use, and
how do we even know they are there? Once I know about them, and
associate with them, then the range question takes over - and if I
could use a cell phone extender to have better range, that would be
great!