Re: [NTLK] SonyEricsson/Newton

From: Joost van de Griek (jvdg_at_jvdg.com)
Date: Wed May 18 2005 - 10:33:11 PDT

On 2005-05-18 11:15, Les wrote:

> Some NTLK.s were playing around with their P9x0 devices some time back.
> Care to share your experiences/impressions?

I love it. Simple as that. It's big for a phone, and small for a PDA, but
it's one less device to carry.

> I don't think it really (can) competes head on with the Newton. From what I
> gather so far from reviews, just a handy well constructed all-in-one
> PIM/phone.

It can't compete with a Newton, you got that right. It has one big advantage
over the Newton, though: it's integrated with a phone. But the major
downside is that it still is too much of a phone, and too little of a PDA.
Certain things, which would undoubtedly be dead easy to implement, are
simply impossible. If it were a bit more Newton-like it'd be absolutely
killer.

,xtG
.tsooJ

                                        <o))><