[NTLK] 2x00 battery

From: Owen Collins (collinso_at_wlu.edu)
Date: Fri May 20 2005 - 11:16:00 PDT

In my recent MP purchase it came with a 2x00 rechargeable battery.
however it doesn't start up with the battery in the Newt. in the stats
for the battery(with a 7v AC adapter plugged in) it says the charge
state is discharging. the voltage is 1, and it's Capacity is Zero. also
it looked like some was futzing with it. see picture at:

http://home.wlu.edu/~collinso/newton/index.html

Should I try to rebuild it? I currently have no money to but NiMh
batteries with the tabs to soldedr onto, can I turn this into a case for
some normal AA's?

Thanks for the help,