Re: [NTLK] Where's Paul Curtis?

From: Charlie Ranlett (enigmaticmunkie_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun May 22 2005 - 12:35:34 PDT

I really don't understand where you came up with this
problem. I don't need Hiroshi's driver, if that's what
you're talking about, I never mentioned needing it. I
need software mentioned on the WikiWiki's page about
wireless enablement not including Hiroshi's driver,
such as the NIE.
Whatever you're talking about, I doubt any developer
would want his distribution wishes to be observed to
the letter no matter what. I am BOOTSTRAPPED. I have
absolutely no way of connecting my Newton to my
computer unless somebody installs the required
software on my card for me and sends/gives it back. If
that's against a developer's distribution policy, what
am I supposed to do?
I doubt any Newton developer would rather his policy
be followed literally, even if that meant leaving
users in permanent limbo, than allowing such enabling
exchanges. If he does, I honestly am going to have to
purposefully "disrespect" his policy, because I have
no other reasonable means of becoming connected.
What I've posted about is hardly different than the
card-lending service that Paul offers, which I'm
certain can include any of the software that you're
talking about (since I never mentioned a specific item
that I can recall, this is difficult to figure out)
and about which you've made no complaints. Do you
really think policies making statements about "no
off-site distribution" or whatnot are talking about
helpful and functionally required exchanges in between
individuals rather than mass distribution on CD or
posting on a different website?
Please, read posts more carefully and think about the
implications of what you're suggesting, I doubt you
mean to be this unreasonable.
--- Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net> wrote:
> Mark,
>
> I don't care about commercial offers on list. I buy
> from and sell to
> list members and feel fine about it. Pinging
> another list member is
> frequently done, and Paul tends to disappear from
> time to time so it
> isn't a problem to use this list to find him.
> However, some software has rules as to how it is to
> be distributed
> and we should respect them.
>
> Woody

Yahoo! Mail Mobile