Re: [NTLK] Is Newton Press "Classic Format" OK for 2x00 and eMates?

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Mon May 23 2005 - 09:51:55 PDT

>> If you do go grayscale, I would suggest breaking the book up into
>>several sections
>>(different PKG's) so that people don't need to install the entire book
>>if they don't have the storage.
>

> This is actually a pretty good idea. After the big books are released,
> I may break the book into two parts. Also, I could make one eBook with
> the text, and a separate eBook with your choice of high quality
> grayscale or space saving bit maps...yeah...yeah...that just may be
> nifty.

Glad you like it

> Question: Can you have 2 eBooks open at the same time and easily switch
> between them? hmmm...

Well not two at the same time exactly. If you open a second book the
first one closes. However they save you place upon closing. And if you
use either Dashboard or Tapbar, you can get a list of all the books on
your Newt, and switch without needing to go through the Extras drawer.
One tip though when you split a book. Make sure that both sections
(PKG's) have different ISBN numbers and package names. The Newt tracks
the package by name, and the bookreader (copperfield) tracks the book by
ISBN (your bookmarks, last viewed position, notations etc). This way if
someone has a lot of extra storage they can install both sections.

>> I have found with doing 16 grayscale is not to go through press
>> but preconvert them then import them
>
> I would make the same recommendation with all graphics. (Being a proud,
> registered owner of lemkesoft's Graphic Converter) I've found doing all
> the conversions first, gives better control over the final result.
>
> Thanks for the tips and info!

Your welcome.

-Dan