Re: [NTLK] PDF Reader for the Newton

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Wed May 25 2005 - 14:20:50 PDT

Macs R Us Computers wrote:
> Hello All,
> Is there a good PDF reader for the Newton and is so
> how I can I upload the PDF files to the messagepad?

In short...no there isn't. The closest thing you can get without doing
a lot of converting is to convert the PDF to JPG and upload those images
to the MP. But that is a lot of work and will take up a huge amount of
space.

The other option is to convert the text to RTF or plain text then make a
NewtonBook out of it. And this only works if the PDF is not protected
(encrypted), if it is you don't have any option at all.

This has been discussed many times on the list before, I suggest looking
at the archives. It will mention the tools used to convert the PDF to
JPG format and how to get it to basic text (if the book is not encrypted
that is).

-Dan