[NTLK] Mail V prob

From: Thomas Isenbarger (isen_at_charter.net)
Date: Thu May 26 2005 - 06:38:30 PDT

I just switched from SimpleMail to Mail V hoping that Mail V would
behave better for me.

I have a rule set to ignore mail older than 2 days, and I have it set
to download mail.

When I select "Receive Mail V" in in/out, I get a connection and
Mail V starts checking mail and it works for quite a time. I suppose
it is sifting through headers to find mail less than 2 days old.
When it gets to a mail to download, the little window appears with
the document filling up as the mail is downloaded, but when the
document is "full" (all black), it just sits there like that and
doesn't progress any further to other messages. I can disconnect
(which takes a very long time), but then i have no mail in my inbox
and the synchronization hasn't been completed so the same hang
happens again the next time.

I currently have it set to browse mail instead of download mail and
Mail V is currently synchronizing mail (on ~1000 of 5000 messages).
But if I only have it set to browse mail, i have to be hooked to the
net to read my mail right? i cannot take the newt with me on the
road and read my mail with this setting, right?

Can anyone help with this?