Re: [NTLK] [OT] Apple OS vulnerability?

From: RAParker (RAParker_at_Quadzilla.NET)
Date: Thu May 26 2005 - 10:04:21 PDT

Mac OS vulnerability? uh...sure...

Just last night I'm surfing around on my employer's WinXP machine and
out of no where, some search bar starts to install. No warning, no
cancel, can't control-alt-del kill it, only choice was to to pull the
plug. Some adware garbage started to get it's tentacles in to the
computer and I had to run two different adware programs, four separate
times just to clean up. That took over an hour to recover.

This isn't the first time, nor the last. And, who really knows how
un-compromised any Windows (XP or otherwise) machine is. If you use a
public Windows machine, you have no safety with passwords or accounts.
Think about it.

Ron

--
---