Re: [NTLK] Printing woes

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Thu May 26 2005 - 10:13:26 PDT

*snip*
> May I also use a "noname" cable?
> If I can find such a cable (or maybe a DB9 / centronics cable?)...

Not really. As Victor said, it has a special chip in the cable for use
with the Newton. There was another Mac cable that lacks the driver but
still could be used with the Newton if you installed the software
previously, I forget the name of the cable, but I am sure someone else
on the list will chime in.

> If I understand, the two "printpkg" are mutually exclusive
> -- the printpkg2 supersedes the first one?

Correct. The Printpack2 package is a update and replaces the first version.

> eBay ;-(
> other newtonians ;-)

Or several companies that still sell Newtons. There are several that
are on the list that are well respected.

-Dan