Re: [NTLK] error with find was :(no subject)

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Sat May 28 2005 - 10:30:24 PDT

Thomas Isenbarger wrote:
> I have tried to do a Find Everywhere on my Newton, and I get this error:
>
> Errorno: -48807
> Category: Interpreter Errors
>
> I think it happens when the Find gets to searching NewtWorks documents.

Sounds like you have a bad Works document if it does indeed come up with
that during a works search. To make sure I would suggest going into
works, then tapping find and see what document it hangs up on (it should
say which document it is searching when it is working. Then look in
that document and see if anything looks odd. If it does and you need
that document, try a select all, then copy then paste it into a new
document and delete the old one. See if this fixes your problem. If
not then try deleting the new one you just made as well and see if that
fixes it.

-Dan

P.S. I just thought of something else, do you use WorksBetter
extension? That extension allows the use of headers and footers, and
perhaps that is the problem (if you don't have the extension installed
right now). Another possibility is if you use another extension/addon
(QF works, draw, etc) for works and it is not present when you are doing
the search. I suppose it is possible that it will come up with a error
since it can't read the works properly document because the
extension/addon is missing. I have never tried searching without the
extensions missing, so I don't know for sure. But it sounds like a
possibility.