Re: [NTLK] internewt

From: Flemming Sorvin (fsorvin_at_victoria.tc.ca)
Date: Tue May 31 2005 - 10:32:45 PDT

I'd give my vote to NetHopper. It's become my favourite in the last little
while for a couple of reasons:

- it does forms. Great for reading news and filling out the "email
to friend bit".

- it does JPEG's (with Daniel Padilla's patch

- it's reasonably fast

- it now does ISO pages (with another Padilla patch)

- it downloads pkgs from unna

- the API's are still available (from google's cache, I should upload them
to unna)

- it does page redirects

Courier is still great, but the lack of forms got me, as well as the lack
of page redirects. NetHopper just became the most flexible solution for
me.

Newtscape is still the swiss army knife of newton browsers, because it
does it all, but at the cost of speed. For browsing, i.e., flipping
through Web pages, NetHopper works the best for me.