[NTLK] Waking up MessagePad 2100

From: Andreas Nijenhuis (Andreas.nijenhuis_at_laposte.net)
Date: Tue Nov 01 2005 - 03:14:18 PST

Hello,

Welcome back to the Newton !

I suppose your AC adapter works properly=3F

Plugging it in and letting the internal capacitor and the remnants of the
battery charge for a while is a good first step.

Doing a reset (via the small button on the back) is a second step.

If there's still nothing coming to life, you may do a hard reset : press
the reset button on the back while holding the power switch until a
message appears : "do you really want to erase all data" : of course,
just tap 'no'.

Normally, these steps should bring your Newton back to life. Apple store/
repair services probably don't even recall what a MessagePad is, and
wouldn't have a clue...

Hope this helps, best regards,

Andreas

Le mardi 1 novembre 2005, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net
(newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net) a =E9crit :