[NTLK] NewTen 1.5 posted

From: Steven Frank (stevenf_at_panic.com)
Date: Sat Nov 05 2005 - 16:24:53 PST

Hi folks,

I've posted a new version of NewTen to my web site, 1.5.

NewTen is a Mac OS X application for installing Newton packages over
a serial connection. It's based on the UnixNPI code.

Release notes:

- Minimum OS requirement is now 10.3 (Panther). NewTen 1.2 is still
available for older systems.

- It is now possible to cancel package installation in most cases

- It is now possible to install multiple packages in a single batch

- You can now install packages by dragging them from the Finder to
NewTen's window

- Hid unusable Bluetooth ports

- Recognizes new style KeySpan driver device names

Behind the scenes:

- Updated for the latest Xcode (anticipating the Intel transition, etc)

- All original UnixNPI code refactored into pure Objective-C

- Installer runs in its own thread now

Get it here:

http://stevenf.com/software/newten/

It's been a long time since I updated NewTen, and some of these
features should have been added long ago. There's still a bunch on
my to-do list, like baud rate selection, etc.

Let me know how it works for you!

Steven
http://stevenf.com/
http://panic.com/