[NTLK] Vintage Computer Fair

From: Deborah Mitchell (debbym1_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Nov 06 2005 - 11:36:06 PST

Hi,

My husband and I went to the Vintage Computer Fair yesterday at the
Computer History Museum in Mountain View, CA. It was great fun; for
those of you who are engineers, many of "our own", including Woz,
were there. CNET has an article on it, with pictures:

http://news.com.com/2300-1042_3-5935889-1.html?
part=rss&tag=5935889&subj=news

There were no Newts for sale and no Newt-dedicated exhibit. However,
the Newt was part of an excellent Fair exhibit on the history of
PDAs, and the exhibitor has written an article about it which you
can find here:

http://www.snarc.net/pda/pda-treatise.htm

The Newton was also featured in several of the museum displays, as
well. They even have a clear case Newt.

(For vintage computer buffs, one of the highlights of the museum is a
working PDP 1! The operators play the original Space Wars on it.)

best,
debby