Re: [NTLK] HoldNewt

From: John (OceanCity_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Nov 08 2005 - 11:53:32 PST

11/8/05 Jon Scordia issued the following and I have taken literary
license to pass it along on a "Need to Know Basis" . . . ?

>"Such would also appear to be the case with Jon's folding stand,
>which BTW I still need a price and an eMail address to order a few of
>these please ;-) What's the hold up ;-)"
>
>Whoa John, Whoa!

Yes, of course, you are correct, sir. You can not rush quality.
All in due time. All in due time, to be sure. I absolutely agree whole-
heartedly.

 <----snipped---->
>Do you realise that we're involved in 'open source' design here?

hhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm............ VERY interesting point indeed, I like it!

Through organizing and uniting, the sum of the parts exceeds the total
by leaps and bounds.
Suddenly there is a force to be reckoned with.

>What other product designers would share their ideas with each other so
>freely? Certainly nowhere else in the computer industry. So we can't be
>in it for the money, but for the challenge. How altruistic we are!

EXACTLY, wasn't that the point of the original Newton team.
If you research the development of the Newton you will understand what I
say.

"Come to the edge." "We can't. We're afraid."
"Come to the edge." "We can't. We will fall!"
"Come to the edge."
And they came.
And he pushed them.
And they flew.

John

>But be patient, a few good solutions, with different pros and cons, so
>different modes of use are evolving. Not bad for a 'dead platform'!!!!

That's just it. It's NOT dead. It is evolving.