Re: [NTLK] Line lengths & "text/plain" in OS X Mail

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Wed Nov 09 2005 - 20:50:14 PST

On Nov 9, 2005, at 5:55 PM, Clayton Mitchell wrote:

> You can set mail to send plain text instead of rich text by going to
> Mail > Preferences > Composing and set message format to "Plain Text".
> As for the 72 character limit, that I don't know about but just =
setting
> the text will help with many things.

I always send my mail as plain text, yet I get the odd characters as=20
well....

In my own investigations, it appears that I have some characters=20
somewhere in my email or headers, that forces a certain encoding on my=20=

email messages, but eCartis can't decode it, or worse, doesn't=20
recognize the encoding, so the result is the munged text. I have heard=20=

that Eudora users sometimes can't read my emails on other lists, so=20
eCartis isn't the only mail list app with problems with this.....
--=20
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"If your pictures aren=92t good enough, you=92re not close enough." - =20=

Photojournalist Robert Capa