Re: [NTLK] More wireless talk :)

From: Tony Morrow (gizmo1482_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 10 2005 - 06:22:00 PST

Ray Zschau wrote:

>I've been using wireless with the newt for a while with an orinoco
>card. The kind with the black brick that sticks out. I saw a picture
>the other day where someone here was using bluetooth with the card
>pictured here:
>
>http://www.conceptronic.net/site/images/userpics/produkten/CBT100C/
>CBT100C-1b.jpg
>
>A couple people were also mentioning that they got cards out of the
>first generation Airport base station to work. IIRC those are the same
>as the orinoco cards with the black brick antenna. Are there any WiFi
>cards that would install flush with the newton case with a small
>antenna like the BT card pictured at the link above?
>
>Thanks,
>-r

I have a 3com wireless card that has a detachable antenna. When the
antenna is removed, there are two little tabs that stick out, but i
guess if you wanted to you could file them off.

Here is picture of the card i have:
http://www.seattlewireless.net/index.cgi/AirconnectComments
Despite what this website says abut the card I have not had any issues
with it.