Re: [NTLK] Expense Plus

From: John (OceanCity_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Nov 12 2005 - 12:13:33 PST

11/12/05 Martin Joseph issued the following and I have taken literary
license to pass it along on a "Need to Know Basis" . . . ?

>Interesting, you neglected to mention the printpack cable in your
>"it's so simple" post :~)

How true. My synapses lapse.

>> <http://1234zzzz.com/pub/NewtPrintDongles.jpg>
>>
>> ..... then also, the #2 dongle I picked up on eBay I think but have not
>> had time to try it out, but it's called "powerPrint(TM) GDT Softworks,
>> Inc.
>> Advanced Components & Peripherals" P/N:590-0839. When I have time I'll
>> try # 2 on an "older" StyleWriter II ink jet that the #1 was getting
>> funky with.
>You don't need any fancy pants cable for the stylewriter, just a plain
>old mini din 8 to mini din 8, as in the Apple imagewriter cable. <----
snipped---->

I tried the mini/mini cable to my SyleWriter II and kept getting an
erroneous "paper jam" error message, then Marty suggested a few things I
have yet to have the time to try, but will.