Re: [NTLK] Native installer for NCU and OS X Update

From: David Schlachter (davids_newton_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Sun Nov 13 2005 - 16:45:55 PST

I'd probably pay $15-20 for an NCU replacement that was OS X native,
supported the serial port (I don't have a serial to USB converter, so I
use my Stealth G3 serial port), could do backups, allowed synching to
the address book and calendar, could transfer documents to NewtonWorks
from the computer to the Newton (and vice-versa), allowed you to use
the computer's keyboard with the Newton (like in NCU and Escale), and
was a very stable application (NewtSync and Escale tend to crash
occasionally on my G3).

-David Schlachter