Re: [NTLK] A new eMate in the offing?

From: Raj Patel (phigmov_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 16 2005 - 12:17:48 PST

I always wondered why Apple didn't just OpenSource Mac 'Classic' - I'd pay
money for something with a Mac Duo form-factor running OS 7.6 or 8 on a
68040 chip - it'd easily run AppleWorks, Word 5.1 / Excel 4, Photoshop 4,
Acrobat 4 etc (all the classics ;-) - with cheap RAM you could probably run
it diskless too. Build in wireless/bluetooth and you'd give something like
the Clie UX50 a run for its money (except in the pocketability stakes).
I guess theres enough IP tied up in the old Classic OS not to warrant it
though.