Re: [NTLK] BookMaker help

From: Alex Lećo (alexleao_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 16 2005 - 14:48:03 PST

2005/11/16, DJ Vollkasko <DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net>:
... but that didn't really
> work
> for me, though Dan sure made some great progress in that direction.

For sure the BM 101 is one of my actual "bibles" :^)

> Boy, how
> I wish that were a real possibility at last! And Bookmaker has SO many
> cool
> features to design stuff that is more like an application than a mere
> book
> (haven't seen anybody applying that in ages, though... would be great to
> have more folks exploring that)!

Yep, this is the exactly point where I want to go. I'm trying to
explore those cool features, specially the layout and kiosk tricks.

The trick is somewhere there, I'm
> sure, but
> Dan hasn't found it yet...

I found a way! And Dan and you was right: BM crashes looks like a
problem with rtf formats. So I reboot the OS9 with the "Base"
extensions + the NTK ones and generated a RTF file with Claris Works
4... and voila! BM worked smooth with the "Claris" RTF. The BM adopt
the XTND translator that the Claris Works install, so the RTF
incompatibility was exterminated.

--------------------
> You might want to try Press, too.

I have the NewtonPress, got some success, but it crashes a lot!

--------------------
> Pls. let us know if any of this helped you. Good luck for your book
> making!

A bit later but confirmed my workaround. Thank you a lot for that!

I wrote a horror story some time ago (sorry, I tryied to join the
Newton Halloween, but not got a decent translation *portuguese -->
english* in time). Now I want to publish a "deluxe" NewtonBook to play
with (still in portuguese - I'm afraid, as you can see in my few words
in this email, that my horror story transforms in a comedy if I try
the translation my self :^).

Thank you again Mr. 'Kasko! I will let you know when the horror book
were in a library near you.

q=BAS=BAp

--
Alex Le=E3o