Re: [NTLK] A new eMate in the offing?

From: Deborah Mitchell (debbym1_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Nov 17 2005 - 12:40:33 PST

And perhaps some people don't offend easily enough. It all depends on
whose ox is being gored. I certainly wouldn't want people to make
generalizations about me or my country based on the government's
current foreign and domestic policy.

While Belize isn't perhaps as poor as the poorest African countries,
it's poor enough. Among the poorest in Belize are the Garifuna
people. My husband and I grew to like and admire the Garifuna greatly
when we first vacationed in Belize. We ended up spending most of our
time hanging out with them. When we donated computers to one of their
local schools, they were anxious to get the most current version of
Windows available, and could name it. So the operating system
mattered to them.

But Clayton's right that any OS is better than none. And as a
proponent of Open Source, I like the fact that they are using open
source.