Re: [NTLK] Expense Plus

From: John (OceanCity_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Nov 21 2005 - 05:40:35 PST

Brian,

If I am surmising correctly, your printer only has a USB port, as
opposed to a DB-25 or a Centronix jack?

If this is the case, all I can think of, if you have the Newton Print
Pack dongle-thing, it's got a round Newton plug on the one end of the
cable and the other end of the cable is a rather large black plug
containing some kind of interface electronics no-doubt with a CENTRONIX
jack which would normally plug into the CENTRONIX jack on a printer,
which is my case, and it works perfectly. See #1 "dongle" which I am
referring to in the photo here:

<http://1234zzzz.com/pub/NewtPrintDongles.jpg>

So, again, if your printer does not have a CENTRONIX jack, as did lot of
printers or that era, then I'm guessing you might be able to Google to
locate a CENTRONIX to USB adapter and hook the dongle to the printer via
this adapter. Of course there are no guarantees that this would work,
but it might.

I'll keep thinking.

John

11/21/05 Brian issued the following and I have taken literary license
to pass it along on a "Need to Know Basis" . . . ?