[NTLK] couple more eMate Qs

From: Dan K (dankephoto_at_comcast.net)
Date: Mon Nov 21 2005 - 17:02:46 PST

Just picked up a 'as-is--for-parts-only' eMate, in decent shape actually,
but it has presented me with two problems.

The backlight doesn't work. I can hear the inverter buzzing when I switch
it 'on', but it doesn't actually light up. Torn cable? BL itself failed?
Any way I can check without swapping parts out of my 'good' eMate?

Secondly, it's got an Teacher setup password, any way to reset that?

I hate to use this only as a parts machine, it's otherwise quite usable.

TIA,

dan k