[NTLK] WiFi questions

From: Chris (xtel_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Nov 21 2005 - 19:22:13 PST

Ok I got a Lucent IEEE WaveLan silver card and I tested it in a IBM
laptop - works ok.

I try it in my newton and at first everything seems ok - I was able
to bring up the google page on Newts Cape - but very slowly.

Now sometimes it connects but complains about DNS problems but more
often I cant get it to connect at all (status light stays dark)

I have a lot more work to do in troubleshooting it but what I was
mainly wondering is (since I have no basis for comparison)

1. Has anyone got the REV D of this card working? P/N 012372/D

2. How fast is a wifi card on a Newton? Im not expecting blazing
performance but after the connection is established how long would a
small web page take to load? (less than a minute or more than?)

Thanks!

--Chris