Re: [NTLK] Expense Plus (printing using LPR to OSX)

From: Woody Smith (woodysmith_at_comcast.net)
Date: Thu Nov 24 2005 - 23:13:10 PST

I have just successfully set up lpr to osx. Below is the full =20
procedure that I used.

First you need to choose IP printer,

=95 open System Preferences choose Print & Fax
=95 Press + button and printer browser window opens.
=95 At top of window choose IP Printer then press More Printers button =20=

at bottom.
=95 another dropdown window opens (HP IP Printing)
=95 If a printer shows up with a name like HPB972E4 Choose it

it will now appear on your printer list, you should continue to use =20
the driver that you previously used for your Mac printing.

ON you Newt

=95 Open the print window
=95 tap default printer and select Choose LPR Printer
* Tap Add
=95 enter any name you like such as HP1315
=95 Enter your Macs IP address in server line as Martin suggested
=95 Enter enter the printer name that was generated above, in my case =20=

HPB972E4
=95 select Spool Job.....
=95 close window and finish printing.

I tested this with WiFi connection and am having pretty good success, =20=

formatting seems to stay intact but font substitutions are made. For =20=

reasons I don't understand a couple of documents won't print, though =20
others do.

Good luck

Woody