[NTLK] Dashboard Scripting 101

From: mkow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Mon Nov 28 2005 - 18:40:30 PST

Ed, I think this is a fine idea!

I've jumped into these waters myself recently. I've taken the idiot-savvant approach, being a non-programmer, and I look for obvioud cues within the code of existing scripts. I've been able to add a word or two to some of the template scripts to gain a substantial increase in Newton functionality! So far, I've "created" the following scripts for use with GestureLaunch:

* Times Roman Font
* 10 pt. font
* 12 pt. font
* 18 pt. font
* Italicized font
* Bold Font
* Insert name and address text

It's faster and easier to use GestureLaunch than to open up the Styles pallette every time I wish to format text.

I am interested in the possibility of creating a script that would allow the Newton to perform multiple Undo commands. Notes and Works currently only allow for one Undo command. I know AvailWorks allows for more than one Undo, so...it's got to be possible to add this functionality with a script, or so goes my pretzel logic. Any programmers available to help out here?

Ed, if and when I get my PackMan app that I ordered today (???), I'll try to make my script tweaks available, too.

Matt

"There even was talk about a repository of scripts for anyone to take advantage of. During that thread (and others) I gathered some scripts that I find helpful...I for one, would not mind such a repository of scripts...If necessary, I'll set up the webpage myself and create such a repository...if no one has done this yet!
  Ed
  web/gadget guru"