[NTLK] Jaggie Paronoia

From: John (OceanCity_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Nov 29 2005 - 05:14:22 PST

Richard Nixon actually said "...just because someone's watching me
doesn't mean I'm paranoid!", LOLOL!

So, in my case no one is watching, but I AM paranoid about getting the
jaggies when my new slide-in screen protectors because even though I
believe everyone's reassurances that they have not been stricken by any
aberrant gesturing results!

So my theory is that "if" there was a particle of grit or something in
line with the edge of, for example (not to single out this particular
brand by any means as I love the concept of a non-adhesive layer!)
'NuShied' when the plastic sheet is inserted and the piece of grit
thereby gets lodged in even further between the edge of the glass and
the frame, then would not this create the "perfect storm" scenario for
jaggie hell?

That being said, would there be an adequate yet feasible protocol to
somehow "clean" the edge (and beyond even deeper) of the glass screen to
the frame?

....my only ideas would be to use compressed air from my air-compressor
in the garage with a jet nozzle to blow out any grit before I insert the
screen protector (remember I'm still talking about the kind, which I
love the idea of, that slides "under" the seal of the glass to the
frame) ....but in doing the compressed air could conceptually increase
the gap between the glass and the frame and wedge grit even further in
creating more of a problem than doing nothing!

....alternately I "could" crack the frame of my 2100 "before" I install
a shield and manually super clean the mating edges between the glass and
the frame, but obviously this takes time.

....or of course, as Nixon said, ....just because I think, does not
mean I fall paralyzed by irrational fears, LOL !

Am I thinking too much ?

Guess I should just put in the damn shield and be done with it, and if
there is a problem "then" crack the case and clean it out.

John