[NTLK] Jaggie Paronoia

From: mkow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Tue Nov 29 2005 - 05:40:31 PST

Hello John,

With regard to removing bits of dust/grit from under the edges of the plastic screen frame, I like to use the corner edge of a very thin piece of plastic. You know what works nicely for this task? One of those cheap fake credit cards that comes in the mail with solicitations from banks and credit card companies. Use a really thin piece of plastic like that. They usually have a nice, rounded corner edge, which works great for cleaning out under the edge of the plastic case framing the screen. Just don't go nuts and try to really jam it under the plastic framing too hard!

Incidentally, one of my former office managers tried to recruit our whole office to fight back against the credit card solicitation problem. He advised us to cut up all of the pieces of the original solitation letter and envelope, cram everything into the "no postage required" return envelope, and mail it back to the credit card company, so it would come back with postage due! I tried to go one further and add old torn up bits of grocery store advertisements and other things, to add more weight to the envelopes (I used to stuff the hell out of the envelopes, so they would be bloated when I mailed them)! I also used a marking pen to cover up all of the bar codes on the envelopes and to remove any reference to my own personal information. I don't have this kind of time on my hands any more, but it was fun for a while...

Matt