Re: [NTLK] Buffalo/MELCO WLI-PCM-L11GP one and the same?

From: Morgan Aldridge (makkintosshu_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Oct 02 2005 - 14:09:47 PDT

Just wanted to document my success in using the Buffalo WLI-PCM-L11GP
with my MessagePad 2100 and Hiroshi's drivers (for the archives).
Unless I'm using the drivers incorrectly, it doesn't recognize the WEP
password (string), but works fine with the WEP key (hex).
Interestingly, it's recognized as the WLI-PCM-L11 not the WLI-PCM-L11G
which is the other option in Hiroshi's drivers.

I much prefer this card over my previous Lucent WaveLAN Silver Turbo in
size and aesthetic appeal (definitely matches the Newton's style more
appropriately) as well as the fact that the 40/104-bit WEP actually
works. As my battery is nearly dead, I can't really compare power
consumption, but I'd assume it's more efficient as it's a newer card
(the 802.11b ships have gotten amazingly small and more efficient in
the last few years).

I'd definitely suggest this card.

BTW - It appears that Buffalo is actually a subsidiary of Melco. :)

Morgan Aldridge

--
morgant_at_makkintosshu.com
http://www.makkintosshu.com/