Re: [NTLK] Faxing to powerbook and RTF

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Wed Oct 05 2005 - 04:51:31 PDT

On Oct 5, 2005, at 4:47 AM, John Hay wrote:

> Also, although I have never tried this, why not just run a standard
> telephone cable from your Newton to your pismo.
>
> Theoretically the two could connect if the stars and the sun and the
> moon line up. Hope this helps.

Yes, tis does work on occasion. I've done it, but it was like pulling=20
teeth every time. Your timing has to be perfect. You will want to turn=20=

off dial tone detection. I'm sitting here trying to remember which to=20
start first--sending or receiving, but I can't remember. Just try both.

As John said, simply plug a phone cord between your Newton's fax/modem=20=

and the Pismo's. I do hope you have good fax software for your laptop.=20=

I've never tried this on my Pismo, nor on OS X. It was years ago, on OS=20=

7.something. Hopefully, newer software will make it easier. :-)
--=20
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"If your pictures aren=92t good enough, you=92re not close enough." - =20=

Photojournalist Robert Capa