Re: [NTLK] EZ2TV PowerPoint

From: Sushi (sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Wed Oct 05 2005 - 11:37:34 PDT

Dr. Clu,

Yeah, I was a beta tester for PointPro which was a presentation type
package.

Found a few bugs! :D

Overall, I thought that PointPro was a decent app. Color use was a
trip since the Newt is not color.

I also used the EZ2VGA card for PowerPoint presentations. It has been
a while, but if memory serves there was a way to export PP95 slides to
the Newton for showing via the EZ2VGA card. Off of the top of my head,
I don't remember which app was required on the Newt side. It was
compatible with Win PP95. Broke when updated to PP97. Had to save as
a PP95 presentation. Since there was a huge difference between PP95
and PP97 feature wise, it became much harder to use effectively. Then
when PP was undated the next time I gave up.

At the time however, it was pretty darn cool as a PP95 presenter and
with PointPro. Also, as you show on your site, you could display the
Newt screen which is cool in itself.

I miss those days where the PDA innovations were exciting. Apple was
so far ahead in that arena. Now days it seems rather
boring...unfortunately. In fact, the innovations by some board members
are much more exciting to me.

Sushi