Re: [NTLK] free vs share vs commercial in UNNA [was Top Organizer Apps] [was Standalone]

From: Paul Jerry (pajerry_at_memlane.com)
Date: Thu Oct 06 2005 - 08:12:18 PDT

John makes some excellent points. I will learn from your experience and get
a copy of Time Trax to evaluate.

Your comments on up-front vs. total cost of ownership are excellent
reminders about any purchase issue. My issue isn't cost in the end, it's
access. For example, I bought Backyard a year ago and it was some of the
best $$ spent for my Newt.

My main question was more around hunting through UNNA and seeing a whole
variety of software types, some freeware, some abandonware, some still
commercial, some commercial sites no longer offering titles but the UNNA
files still needing a registration code, long since lost to the ether...

Is there any easy way to tell before installing and taking the time (that
few of us may have in abundance) only to hit day 30 and have the app lock
up?

Thanks for the input & your field testing John.

Paul

--
Paul Jerry, M.A., R. Psych., Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Applied Psychology