Re: [NTLK] Converge

From: Lord Groundhog (LordGroundhog_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 13 2005 - 11:19:24 PDT

John,=20

I like the picture, although I admit the stickers are a bit more "in yer
face" than I'd like personally. But it's not much of an argument. An
article looking at the pros and cons would be interesting, or is there one
I've overlooked? =20

For example, I think it might be interesting to see a full debate of the
convenience of integrating the phone with the hardware and software you wan=
to link through a phone, versus the problem of having your whole PDA
crippled by a breakdown of the phone portion, or perhaps the problem of
having your PDA become [read: "seem"] obsolete just because its inbuilt
phone technology is a bit long-in-the-tooth.

And what about solutions? Perhaps a way out is to have a removable phone
module that slots into the PDA, and can be removed when necessary for repai=
or upgrading. OTOH, wouldn't this limit the phones available for use with
the PDA more than simply keeping the devices separate?

Of course it's likely that the people designing this stuff aren't listening
to us, but the discussion would still be interesting to read and think
about. =20

Shalom.=20
Christian=20

=B3Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a NewtonPad.=B2
            -- in appreciation of Arthur C. Clarke

Fight Spam! Join EuroCAUCE: http://www.euro.cauce.org/

Refresh yourself from our MUG: http://www.oxmug.org/

~~~ On 2005/10/13 18:09, John Hay at OceanCity_at_mac.com wrote ~~~