Re: [NTLK] Defragging Newton

From: Marcus Hammerschmitt (Marcus.Hammerschmitt_at_t-online.de)
Date: Sat Oct 15 2005 - 01:58:07 PDT

At 17:23 13.10.2005, you wrote:

>No, I don't think so. The Newton will let you know when it wants a
>reset ;) What I *do* do as a sort of housekeeping is to back-up to
>card (actually I make at least two backups), hard-reset & restore
>once or twice a year. It might be placebo but the Newt does feel
>snappier afterwards.

I t did just that yesterday, and the result was quite remarkable.
Before I had only around 800 K of internal memory left on my
MP 2100, after resetting and restoring it was twice that amount.
Having heard that keeping 1 MB of internal memory free is
a good thing to ensure maximum performance I was delighted
of course.

Best,

Marcus