Re: [NTLK] dead newton? - help!!

From: peter davson-galle (P.DavsonGalle_at_utas.edu.au)
Date: Sun Oct 16 2005 - 17:20:56 PDT

thanks for the response, when you say 'take some time to restart' do you
mean keep the button pushed for a long time (i did it for about a count of
35) or jsut try many times? (i did it about 4times)
my technical competence is not up to your last comment. if there might be
such a problem then what can i do about it? get someone to undo the case
and replace the capacitor?
my thanks in advance
peter

At 06:50 PM 16/10/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>peter davson-galle wrote:
> > hello there,
> > i went to use the newt (mp2000 upgraded way back to 2100 specs) and -
> nothing.
> > figuring that it had a flat battery, i put it on for a charge - nothing
> (on
> > ac still but... nothing)
> > tried the reset button - nothing
> > tried changing the battery pack for some aa ones - nothing
> > tried more resets - nothing
> >
> > so, any advice? do i have a terminally ill newton?

>probably not, if it's been sitting for a long while it may ake some time
>to get it to restart (based on my experiance) hmmm I wonder what type of
>capacitors were used in construction as some types have dielectric
>issues if not used for some time.
>

>wiliam
>--
>This is the NewtonTalk list - http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all inquiries
>Official Newton FAQ: http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/
>WikiWikiNewt for all kinds of articles: http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/

Peter Davson-Galle (Mr.)

Faculty of Education
University of Tasmania
Locked Bag 1307, Launceston
Tasmania, 7250
Australia

Phone: (prefix +61 3 international or 03) 6324 3287 (uni)
                6396 6118 (home)
Fax: (+61 3 international or 03) 6324 3048 (uni)

Email: P.DavsonGalle_at_utas.edu.au

Web page:
http://fcms.its.utas.edu.au/educ/educ/pagedetails.asp?lpersonId=1634