Re: [NTLK] MP130 Rebooting

From: Don V. Zahniser (irntooth_at_eznet.net)
Date: Mon Oct 17 2005 - 04:16:05 PDT

Frank Gruendel wrote:
>As people have suggested, make sure to verify if
>the problem persists when using new alkaline
>batteries AFTER the contacts were cleaned thoroughly.
>
>In my experience the most likely reason (considering
>it is a 130 of which every single unit will eventually
>develop this disease) is what I describe here:
>
> http://www.pda-soft.de/mp130fixes.html

Frank -

Thanks for the response. I've taken note of the fixes and the
disassembly instructions. I'll take a closer look when I have a block
of time to work with the MP130.

Curiously, the problem I was having seems to have gone away.

I installed fresh batteries yesterday, with no effect - in fact the
problem got progressively worse. Last night, the problem was happening
every time I turned the MP130 on (it would turn off after about 15
seconds of use, and reboot when I turned it back on). I was suspecting
something about the 4Mb card that I was using, since that unexplainedly
went blank a couple of weeks ago. I backed it up, erased it (3 times)
and then restored my most essential packages. The problem persisted,
and then also happened with no card installed.

The problem went away (for now?) when I went in and reset the
preferences for sleep time and backlight off time. Maybe something had
been corrupted...

Thanks again!

--
Don V. Zahniser