Re: [NTLK] [OT] Safe Surfing, any comments?

From: John Hay (OceanCity_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Oct 18 2005 - 07:45:30 PDT

I stand corrected.

It's the **lease term** not the disconnection frequecncy which
determines even a DHCP IP address. Now it makes sense. Even if you
disconnect, reconnect, check the IP address your were assigned, there's
a good chance is the same and did NOT change.

Sorry to unwittingly mislead anyone, then to find out the crux of the
issue, as stated above.

I'm not in the engineering league to know the bottom line about all this
but I think I was wrong in stating that simply unplugging your modem
would cause a new IP address to be assigned.

John

10/18/05 Brian issued the following and I have taken literary license
to pass it along on a "Need to Know Basis" . . . ?