Re: [NTLK] NewtWiki

From: Joel M. Sciamma (joel_at_inventors-emporium.co.uk)
Date: Sat Oct 22 2005 - 03:46:49 PDT

Jon,
> I heard tell of a newer version, 0.5.1 I think. Anyone know where I
> can get it?

I can send it to you with a pdf I created describing the link types
and other information you will find useful. I thought this made it up
onto UNNA but it's not there yet.

> I'm actually falling at the first hurdle, and maybe not
> understanding how to use a word as a link as move to the next note
> as described on the readme.

The way it works is that a basic link is the name of another note in
the same folder. The link is a Wiki word with no spaces and is
matched by the note title.

To follow the link, you draw a longish horizontal line, starting in
the middle of the link, from left to right. The note will then be
displayed. With 0.5.1 you can link to names, dates and Works which is
incredibly handy and easy to configure.

It's a shame Jim didn't continue his development to fully explore the
possibilities but the last version is stable and useful.

Joel.