Re: [NTLK] BackLight Control

From: John Hay (OceanCity_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Oct 22 2005 - 16:37:55 PDT

Not to keep kicking a dead horse or anything, but, to bolster Woody's
mention of "Dashboard" as a possible means to control the backlight, I
just wanted to make mention of Dashboard itself again to anyone who has
not experienced it.

Dashboard is one of those "why didn't I get this sooner" things that can
REALLY make life a lot easier in terms of making good use of screen-
space. You can even try it out for free using their demo download by
scrolling to the very bottom of this page here:
<http://www.fivespeed.com/dashboard/>

Another great little very useful text utility I stumbled onto is called
BB Edit (which I believe, but could be wrong on this, is _not_ related
to the well-known BBEdit software that runs on Macs, as well as other
operating systems) which actually _replaces_ the standard silk-screen
bar with the Newton icons with it's own toolbar full of amazing text
editing functionality and then can be instantly toggled back again to
the normal icons such as the "extras", "notes", etc. Just a suggestion
if you find yourself wanting more functionality when using text.

John

10/22/05 Woody Smith issued the following and I have taken literary
license to pass it along on a "Need to Know Basis" . . . ?