[NTLK] Simple Mail and Mail V

From: Giulio Marchi (emfdb_at_tiscali.it)
Date: Mon Oct 24 2005 - 13:52:20 PDT

Now, just out of curiosity and because I've always read also on this
list about several people using Simple Mail and not Mail V: is there a
particular reason why so many use Simple Mail and not Mail V that I
understand as being the latest possible version of the same
application?

Is it just because Mail V needs OS 2.0 so all the other users are
forced to use Simple Mail? Or are there also 2x00 users using Simple
Mail? If this is the case, what are the advantages in using SimpleMail
(less memory, less heap...)?

Of course I am not aiming to a thread like "Hi, I use this and I have
this MP", "Hi, I use this other one and have this other MP", but I'd
rather have someone telling me (us) about this "apparently too high"
number of Simple Mail users.

Thanks,

Giulio