Re: [NTLK] New Newton, previous owner forgets to remove personal items

From: James Nichols (smilr_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Oct 26 2005 - 01:24:20 PDT

If you open up Extras - and navigate to the "storage" section, there
should be a bunch of icons - each looking like a safe.

Most programs on the newton will store such information as what you
want to delete in these - tap on one and a window should open
detailing how much room on each of your storage cards (internal + any
memory cards you have in the newton) the data from that program takes
up.

There will be a "delete" button at the lower left of this window -
which will let you clear all the stored data for that safe. Do this
for the safes associated with the programs where the former owner
left their info and that should wipe their work / documents /
personal information but leave the programs themselves intact.

--Tyler