Re: [NTLK] [WTB] Accessories I'm Looking For

From: John Hay (OceanCity_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Oct 26 2005 - 12:37:18 PDT

Like those clear vinyl slip-covers you'd see in the '50's where someone
had the brilliant idea to encapsulate furniture, personally I relegate
screen=protectors to the same general line of thinking. What _were_ they
thinking?

Of all the possible things that could prevent you from getting your
Newton to work, such as the general overall degeneration over time of
the components inside and entropy in general, collisions with brick
walls or cement floors, why in the world anyone would one feel the need
to protect against scratches on their Newton is beyond my ability to
comprehend. Granted, we've all seen elderly Newtons that have scars on
their skin especially if you are tapping or dragging at the speed of
light, and wouldn't it stand to reason that of all the things the
designers considered, leaving no stone unturned, they forgot about the
one thing which is done the most, i.e., writing and tapping and
dragging, etc. ????????

Maybe, well then again I'm sure there are cases where using screen
protectors are needed for practical environmental reasons, such as
standing under a waterfall trying to fax your boss the latest figures,
but then again, you never know.

So I am asking, is their any reason a typical Newton user should be
using screen-protectors?

John

10/26/05 Morgan Aldridge issued the following: