Re: [NTLK] Daily Backups to Flash Cards

From: W L (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Oct 27 2005 - 19:30:45 PDT

IIRC the 'self-correcting' check was based on only the serial
connection, probably a carry-over from the NCK docs. and/or the fact
more Windoze users were buyers of Newtons back in 1994-1997. As soon as
I can find the NTK docs. I'll post a link and/or the specs. I do not
remember if the ethernet connection had the same 'check' therefore would
disconnect based on bad connection. I haven't had time to try the
serial-usb connections to see if the 'check' still works.