[NTLK] Keyspan SX Serial Card Question

From: John Steinbeck (waywardbus26_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Oct 29 2005 - 08:44:53 PDT

If anyone on the list has a successful experience with
the Keyspan SX Serial Card, I would appreciate some
advice.

I came across a brand new 4-port SX card (not the
SX-Pro) and would like to try it out in my G4 as a
means of docking my Newton via NCU. I run Tiger and
generally dock in Classic Mode, but I can boot into
OS-9 if needed (can't remember the last time it was
needed).

My question is: would the install of the drivers be
similar to the Keyspan serial adapter? That is, would
I just install the OS-9 drivers to attain
functionality under Classic?

I wanted to check with the list before trying it out
because there are some alarming warnings in the driver
release notes that the drivers are beta software and
may cause crashes and other problems.

Thanks in advance!

http://mail.yahoo.com