Re: [NTLK] New 2x00 batteries

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Mon Oct 31 2005 - 10:40:22 PST

> If anyone needs a new battery for their newton 2000
> or 2100 you can get it here.

Be aware that "new" in this context means "built 1998
or earlier and never used since". Not the best thing
you can do to battery cells.
Also, I find 60 bucks for such a pack a bit steep. At
half that price you can rebuild a pack with cells that
have twice the capacity.

Their battery care page made me chuckle...

Quote:

My new battery isn't charging. Is it defective?

Usually NO. New batteries come in a discharged condition
and must be fully charged before use. It is recommended
that you fully charge and discharge the new battery two
to four times to allow it to reach its maximum rated
capacity.

End quote.

Quite a challenge when one has a battery that isn't charging...

Frank