Re: [NTLK] Action Names replacement?

From: Shawn Baker (SDelta2_at_cfl.rr.com)
Date: Mon Oct 31 2005 - 19:39:01 PST

On Oct 31, 2005, at 10:14 PM, William Pociengel wrote:
> ok can yur phone tell you when and how many times you called or
> recieved
> a call from someone in particular? can it track what you talked about?
> I've used AN to track such things especially for large projects with a
> lot of participants.
Well....no....:-[
But it logs them in realtime! Now, if a phone with Bluetooth could
talk to Newton much like Sailing Clicker, then we'd have something!
> <snip>
> as others have suggested this is only an issue if you want or need to
> have your data available in multiple places. personally I've always
> considered my newt to be the one place where all of my task related /
> scheduled data resided. the only reason I'D have for syncing it
> would be
> to publish items for others to see or to import requests into my
> schedule / address book / to do list. so I guess syncing is not
> exactly
> it but import export is. and someday RSN I'm going to actually use
> that
> copy of X-Port I bought so many years ago ;-)
>
> william
For me, it's useful for me to make changes to my schedule away from
my iBook so that I don't have to take it with me just to update iCal
with homework or due dates anything else. And that I could just make
changes to contacts right from the Newton and have it change the
Address Book. Address Book is big because I use that to sync with my
phone. And To-Do is important since that keeps me inline. My iBook
is the first thing that I look at in the morning to see what's on the
agenda for me.

---
> Do you know how to access the list archive?  On that page there is
> a good
> search facility so you should be able to find the relevant discussion.
Yup, I'll go search around in there.  Thanks for the suggestion!
Shawn